Accounting Schools in New York
89 Washington Avenue – 2nd Floor – East Mezzanine
Albany, NY 87113
Phone: 518-474-3817 ext. 160
Accounting involves the interpretation, analysis and communication of important financial information. For those who are in the accounting program, you can expect to study managerial, financial and tax accounting, we well as various systems and auditing. Through the extensive curriculum, you will harness your skills in critical thinking, marketing, management, problem solving, technology and business law.
The professors are dedicated to teaching you about the fundamentals of the accounting practice, but you are also going to be encouraged to become an innovative problem solver. Many of the professors and teachers have served as chief financial officers, internal auditors and controllers for large corporations, so they are going to bring a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise into the classroom.
For those who have a strong attention to detail, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to home in one your craft and put your love of numbers to the test. You will be able to help a number of those who are struggling to understand the financial components to their business model.
Total Accounting Students: 90,497
Average Tuition: $16,978
Average Scholarship Package: $7,007
Average Grant Amount: $9,514
Average Classroom Size: 16 Students
Average Online Tuition: $15,634
Online Undergraduate Programs: 119
Online Graduate Programs: 60
University of Rochester
Polytechnic Institute of New York University
• 5,141 Students Currently Attending
• $3,520 Annual Tuition Charges
• $35,422 Average Financial Aid Award
Depending on what it is that you want to do with your accounting degree, a number of possibilities are waiting for you to come out and experience them for yourself. Some of the top positions for those with an accounting degree are outlined below:
- Cost Accounting – As a cost accountant, you will be responsible for determining and implementing all of the procedures and methods that relate to cost accounting. You will be the one responsible for preparing and analyzing cost reports for the corporation. Your main role is to help ensure all of the data is correctly allocated. It is imperative that you have an understanding of the procedures, concepts and practices within the accounting field. According to the BLS, average wage for this position is around $47,000 per year.
- Accounting Director – Those who work in this field are responsible for the direction and oversight of one or all of the following functions: payroll, general accounting and cost accounting. You will need to have at least 10 years of experience to hold this position. It is imperative that you are familiar with the practices, concepts and procedures that fall within the accounting realm. This role relies on judgment and experience for planning and accomplishing a set of goals. You will be responsible for leading and directing others in the field. Creativity is encouraged in this role. Based on information from the BLS, average salary for this position is upwards of $125,000 annually.