Accounting Technology Programs in Oregon
Working in the accounting field involves someone who is ethical and takes pride in what it is that they do on a regular basis. These individuals are responsible for a number of intricate details at the organization, so it is important that they are trustworthy and dedicated to providing quality information to the business owner.
To get your license in Orego, you have to meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 150 hours in education
- Completion of 24 hours in accounting studies
- Completion of another 24 hours in accounting or other related studies such as finance, business, written communication, oral communication and economics
- Completion of a bachelor degree or higher from a college or university that is accredited
- Successful completion of the CPA exam
- Successful completion of the ethics exam
Many of the accounting jobs within the state are in the manufacturing sector. Oregon exports a lot of paper products, electronics, computer equipment, chemicals and more. Tax accountants, management accountants, cost accountants and auditors are all able to find positions with the large and small manufacturing industries here. Some of the high-tech companies within the state need accountants far beyond the manufacturing process. Many of the business attract CPA’s who are interested in helping to manage the accounting information systems or auditing information systems.
Based on information from the BLS, auditors and accountants in Oregon earn an average salary of $63,030 per year. With more than 11,290 individuals working in the position in the state, prospects are expected to continue to rise through 2020. Companies and individuals continue to cope with the financial scandals and recession effects, which fuels the need for accountants even more.