Accounting Schools in Indiana
Indiana Accounting Schools
402 West Washington Street – Room w072
Indianapolis, IN 62786
Those who enter into an accounting program will be prepared to assume a position in the accounting field, as well as a foundation for learning throughout their lifetime. Students who graduate with their accounting degree will have obtained the following skills and knowledge:
- Competency in the current technology that relates to those in the accounting field
- An understanding of the accounting theory and principles that encompass technical knowledge that is required for entry into one of the many different accounting professions
- The ability to apply cost accounting, taxation, auditing and financial accounting to that of the needs of the individual organization
Accounting is an integral component to every industry in the world today. A successful accountant will have communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills. They will also bring a broad perspective and specialized knowledge of accounting into the workplace. The accounting profession provides you with a number of opportunities that are both rewarding and challenging in fields of government, public accounting, industry, tax accounting and nonprofit organizations. All of the courses and hands on experience will help prepare you to enter into the world of accounting.
Total Accounting Students: 43,168
Average Tuition: $18,030
Average Scholarship Package: $7,202
Average Grant Amount: $9,978
Average Classroom Size: 17 Students
Average Online Tuition: $17,182
Online Undergraduate Programs: 43
Online Graduate Programs: 27
Purdue University – Main Campus
• 7,613 Students Currently Attending
• $3,455 Annual Tuition Charges
• $27,329 Average Financial Aid Award
Accounting firms will normally provide you with opportunities in auditing, tax preparation, accounting and consulting to name a few.
- Auditing – As an accounting professional, this is the most important function for all of those in the field. Many firms will devote a large amount of their resources and time to auditing the financial statements for the business. Auditing fees compromise around half of all revenues brought in by accounting firms.
- Accounting Services – Firms will perform a large number of services for their clients. Services can range from maintaining accounting records, preparing the necessary financial statements and performing compilations of records. Limited assurance is given to the company through this review.
- Tax Preparation – Accounting firms will provide corporate clients with a number of different services ranging from tax planning to review of tax returns, tax preparation and tax litigation. Accounting professionals will stand by your side in court to fight for you in the event of any litigations. They will assist you with planning your taxes, so that way you can rest assured that you are always on time and filing the necessary forms with the state and local governments.