Accounting Schools in Hawaii<!- mfunc feat_school ->
Hawaii Accounting Schools
Honolulu, HI 96801-3469
There are a few schools in Hawaii that offer degrees in accounting. A handful of the schools offer doctorate degrees in accounting but an associate to a Master’s degree can be earned at most. Prerequisite courses for most of the colleges or universities include general course requirements all graduates must complete, regardless of degree or major. The general requirements are usually about six credits earned in each of such courses as communication, science and humanities. This is not an exhaustive list but courses directly related to the major in accounting may include business law, finance, calculus and marketing. Again, depending on the school or degree sought, human resource management, intermediate statistics and economics are other courses that may be required. Anyone seeking to become a CPA can expect to earn 30 credit hours beyond a Bachelor’s degree.
Total Accounting Students: 4,066
Average Tuition: $7,610
Average Scholarship Package: $2,801
Average Grant Amount: $5,205
Average Classroom Size: 16 Students
Average Online Tuition: $7,610
Online Undergraduate Programs: 11
Online Graduate Programs: 4
Brigham Young University – Hawaii
Chaminade University of Honolulu
• 2,010 Students Currently Attending
• $2,469 Annual Tuition Charges
• $8,168 Average Financial Aid Award
- Hawaii CPA Exam Information at the NASBA
Hawaii CPA Societies:
Hawaii Accounting Associations:
Salary and Job Outlook for Accountants in Hawaii
Hawaii’s accountants earned an average salary of $61,640 as of May 2020. With an advanced degree like the master’s in accounting, significant experience, a senior-level role, and often the esteemed CPA designation, you can expect a salary closer to the state’s 90th percentile, which was about $96,710 during this time.
Growth in Hawaii in the accounting field is projected to remain strong in the coming years. Between 2018 and 2028, the state expects a 5% growth in the number of accounting jobs, which is slightly higher than the projected national growth rate of 4% in this profession during this time. During this ten-year period leading to 2028, state-level data projects about 530 annual job openings in accounting due to a combination of new job growth, retirements, and natural job turnover.
With a degree in accounting, you’ll be ready to assume any number of roles in the accounting field, such as:
- Cost Accountant- The main duty of a cost accountant is to help the managers of a business determine the outcomes related to the cost of doing business. Cost accounting takes into consideration the cost of such variables as labor, raw materials, and utilities. These costs must be considered along with other costs like building and equipment depreciation, purchasing and management. The information provided by a cost accountant helps the management make decisions that control the general operations of the business.
- Financial Auditor– An accurate record of a business’ financial transactions must be analyzed and verified. Financial auditors examine the financial records of a business to determine the legitimacy and accuracy of the records. Some duties may include an analysis of the risks a business must avoid or reduce.
- Payroll Analyst– A payroll analyst evaluates the costs of wages and benefits for a company. Reviewing timesheets and calculating the pay and benefits for each worker are two duties for a payroll analyst. Ensuring the accuracy of the workers’ pay and the company payments to benefit organizations, workers’ tax sheltered annuities (TSAs) and taxes withheld to state and federal agencies are other examples of the duties a payroll analyst may have.
May 2020 Bureau of Labor Statistics salary and job market data for accountants and auditors represents state data, not school-specific information.
Job growth projections for 2018-2028 sourced from the U.S. Department of Labor-sponsored O*Net database represents state data, not school-specific information.
Conditions in your area may vary. Data Accessed May 2021.