Accounting Technology Programs in Alabama
Accounting Technology Schools in Alabama
Online Accounting Technology Programs:12
Average Scholarship Package:$2,185
Average Grant Amount:$5,041
Average Housing Cost:$2,678
Average Gender Ratio:45% Men / 54% Women
Average Student-to-Faculty Ratio:21:1
Accounting technology professionals play a key role in the daily operations of a business entity. These individuals are responsible for the tax preparation, auditing, accounting, bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable and more for businesses around the area.
If you are looking to get your license in Alabama, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Need to be a United States Citizen at the present time; or an individual who is legally here with proper documentation from the federal government; or someone who is at least 19 years of age and has declared their intent to be a citizen and has sound moral character
- Possess a bachelor degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Majors not focused on accounting need at least two years of work experience after degree completion
- Completion of 150 hours or 225 quarter-hours in post-secondary education
- Accounting concentration or its equivalent, three different tiers exist to help the individual meet this requirement
- Pass the exam
- Completion of one year work experience in public accounting or at least two years in business, industry, college teaching or government entities
- Pass the AICPA ethics exam
Accounting professionals in Alabama have the best employment opportunities working with bookkeeping and accounting services, engineering and architectural services and technical consulting and management services. Based on information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Montgomery, Alabama has one of the highest location and job quotients in the accounting field.
According to the BLS, 14,090 accounting and auditing professionals were employed throughout the state. The average wage for an accountant is $62,270 per year. By getting your specialization and certification in a specific accounting field, you will notice a significant improvement in the amount of job prospects available.