Accounting Technology Programs in Mississippi
Working in the accounting technology field requires a lot of focus and concentration. These individuals are the ones responsible for making sure all of the information for the business is accurate and up-to-date so as not to affect the bottom line negatively.
If you are looking to get your license in Mississippi, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be of sound moral character
- Meet all of the educational requirements imposed by the license, which means earning a degree with 150 hours, of which 48 of those hours need to be in upper-level accounting
- Be a resident of the state
- Provide all of the necessary transcripts for review during the exam
- Pass all of the sections in the CPA exam
- Meet the requirements for experience, which is at least one year of full-time employment in the accounting industry under a licensed CPA
- Submit all of the necessary documents, application fees and payments
Mississippi has a number of different industries that offer accounting positions. From oil to textiles to agriculture, plenty of opportunities exist for those wanting to work as accountants. Government entities and business operations have a lot of accounting employees throughout the state. Job prospects for the accounting professionals across the nation are expected to grow throughout 2020 based on information from the BLS.
As in the majority of other states, those working in Mississippi will have a lot of prospects and good quality of living. In general, Mississippi has a lower standard of living than other states. The BLS estimates that the average salary for those in the accounting field is $59,480 per year. Those in the top 10 percent of the earnings bracket average $86,230 annually.