Accounting Schools in Illinois
Illinois Accounting Schools
1120 E. Diehl Road – Suite 110
Naperville, IL 83720-0002
For those who have a strong attention to detail, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to home in one your craft and put your love of numbers to the test. You will be able to help a number of those who are struggling to understand the financial components to their business model.
Accounting involves the interpretation, analysis and communication of important financial information. For those who are in the accounting program, you can expect to study managerial, financial and tax accounting, as well as various systems and auditing. Through the extensive curriculum, you will harness your skills in critical thinking, marketing, management, problem solving, technology and business law.
The professors are dedicated to teaching you about the fundamentals of the accounting practice, but you are also going to be encouraged to become an innovative problem solver. Many of the professors and teachers have served as chief financial officers, internal auditors and controllers for large corporations, so they are going to bring a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise into the classroom.
Total Accounting Students: 49,247
Average Tuition: $15,658
Average Scholarship Package: $5,695
Average Grant Amount: $8,100
Average Classroom Size: 17 Students
Average Online Tuition: $14,492
Online Undergraduate Programs: 85
Online Graduate Programs: 36
University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign
Illinois Wesleyan University
• 6,921 Students Currently Attending
• $3,840 Annual Tuition Charges
• $27,129 Average Financial Aid Award
Depending on what it is that you want to do with your accounting degree, a number of possibilities are waiting for you to come out and experience them for yourself. Some of the top positions for those with an accounting degree are outlined below:
- Cost Accounting – As a cost accountant, you will be responsible for determining and implementing all of the procedures and methods that relate to cost accounting. You will be the one responsible for preparing and analyzing cost reports for the corporation. Your main role is to help ensure all of the data is correctly allocated. It is imperative that you have an understanding of the procedures, concepts and practices within the accounting field. According to the BLS, average wage for this position is around $47,000 per year.
- Accounting Director – Those who work in this field are responsible for the direction and oversight of one or all of the following functions: payroll, general accounting and cost accounting. You will need to have at least 10 years of experience to hold this position. It is imperative that you are familiar with the practices, concepts and procedures that fall within the accounting realm. This role relies on judgment and experience for planning and accomplishing a set of goals. You will be responsible for leading and directing others in the field. Creativity is encouraged in this role. Based on information from the BLS, average salary for this position is upwards of $125,000 annually.